Apr 23, 2021
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates
on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, President & CEO, AICPA
- Stephanie O’Rourk, CPA, Partner, CohnReznick
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, Vice President, Firm Services,
- Opening Comments & Broad 2021 Outlook
- Legislative Update & Tax Season Discussion
- PPP Final Stretch Update
- Business Relief Program Update (PPP, RRF, SVOG)
- AICPA President and CEO Barry Melancon gave an overview of the
economic outlook for the second half of the year, and discussed
activities firms will be most focused on in the coming weeks.
- Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com, walked
participants through the final stretch of the Paycheck Protection
Program and talked about how lenders are dealing with the
approaching May 31 loan application deadline.
- Lisa Simpson, the AICPA’s vice president of firms services,
gave an update on PPP developments and also answered common
questions about business relief programs.
- Stephanie O’Rourk, a partner with CohnReznick, talked about the
mechanics of the $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization.